By Forward by Rick Warren
Published by Zondervan
This softcover Bible is an ideal, real-life spiritual guide for anyone looking for hope in the face of difficult circumstances and the negative habits they are trying to control. Based on eight recovery principles found in Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount and on the underlying Christ-centered twelve steps of the proven Celebrate Recovery program, this Bible lifts readers up and shows them how to walk, step by attainable step, on a path of healing and liberty.
Featuring a foreword by Rick Warren, the NIV Celebrate Recovery Bible offers hope and encouragement to all who feel powerless and stuck. Through developing a relationship with Jesus Christ, readers will be empowered to rise above their hurts, hang-ups, and habits.
- Full text of the world’s most popular modern English Bible—the New International Version (NIV)
- Articles explain eight recovery principles and accompanying Christ-centered twelve steps
- Over 110 lessons unpack eight recovery principles in practical terms
- Recovery stories offer encouragement and hope
- 30 days of devotional readings
- Over 50 full-page biblical character studies are tied to stories from real-life people who have found peace and help with their own hurts, hang-ups, and habits
- Book introductions
- Side-column reference system keyed to the eight recovery principles
- Topical index
MY REVIEW This Celebrate Recovery Bible is full of important information. Especially if you have been, or are now in one of the Celebrate Recovery classes that were started by Rick Warren. I know a few people that have attended these classes and their lives have been changed. In this Bible, you will find articles from people who have been through these Celebrate Recovery classes, and they tell about their life and what the classes meant to them. There are lots of lessons that unpack eight recovery principles in practical terms, and other things such as devotions, biblical character studies and side column reference system keyed to the eight recovery principles. I haven’t been though the program, but I enjoy reading the stories, recovery principles and other things that are unique to this Bible. I highly encourage you to check this Bible out, and this would make a great gift to give someone too!
I hope you will give this Bible a try, and I hope you like it as much as I do. I received this Bible from BookLookBloggers to read and review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 55.